Log in
Log in



Maine Alliance for Road Associations

Sending Notice of Claim to property owner

  • 02 Jun 2024 12:12 PM
    Message # 13364778

    We are a statutory road association. We have a property owner who has not pd. his winter costs over 90 days.  We mailed him a certified 20 day Claim Notice. After 10 days, I filed the Claim at the Registrar's office. I have received the stamped Claim back.  II plan to mail him a copy of this stamped form.                                                                                                     Question: Are we legally required to mail him a certified copy of the final Claim?  We already sent the 20 day notice as a certified. We are trying to avoid extra costs but will do so if legally required.  Thank you- Emily (Yes, Sandy- same property and different owner.)

    Last modified: 03 Jun 2024 6:13 AM | Anonymous member (Administrator)
  • 03 Jun 2024 6:13 AM
    Reply # 13364977 on 13364778
    Anonymous member (Administrator)

    Certified mail or certified copies are not required for notification. Just send USPS to the delinquent owner's address of record at the town office. Costs of postage are recoverable at debt settlement.

                            The Maine Alliance for Road Associations

Powered by Wild Apricot Membership Software